Arrival & departure
Nadi International Airport is the main international gateway and Nausori near Suva, is also used as an international airport in Fiji. There are several domestic airports throughout the country of Fiji.
Fiji Duty Rates
Fiscal duty and VAT are levied on all goods in excess of concessions. Fiscal duty rates vary depending on the goods, whereas VAT is uniformly applied at 12.5%. VAT is applied on a base, which includes the value of the goods plus any fiscal duty payable.
Fiji Duty & Duty Free Concessions
A bona fide passenger finally disembarking in Fiji is entitled to the following duty and VAT free concessions:
- Dutiable goods accompanying passengers (other than alcohol and tobacco products) not exceeding FJ$400 in value
- The following goods which are owned by passengers and are not intended as gifts or for sale:
- Personal effects
- Household effects for returning residents (must be used for 12 months prior to departure) or intending residents
- Articles taken out of Fiji on departure on which duty and tax have been paid
The goods should not be for sale and must be accompanied at the time of final disembarkation by the passenger. Alternatively, the passenger purchases the goods immediately after final disembarkation in Fiji.
Each passenger of 17 years or more may also bring the following goods into Fiji, duty and VAT free, provided they are accompanied and are not for sale:
- Cigarettes, not exceeding 250 sticks or
- Cigars, not exceeding 250grams net weight or
- Tobacco not exceeding 250grams net weight or
- Any combination of (1) to (3) above, provided the total net weight does not exceed 250grams
- Spirituous Liquors not exceeding 2.25 litres or
- Wines, not exceeding 4.5 litres or
- Beer, not exceeding 4.5 litres or
- Any combination of the goods in paragraph (5) to (7) above, provided that they combination does not exceed the equivalent quantity under any one paragraph
- Other dutiable goods, not exceeding FJ$400.00 in value.
A baggage declaration form is to be filled and signed by the bona fide passenger in the case of unaccompanied luggage.
- Drugs, weapons including firearms and ammunition, spring-loaded knives, or swords or obscene articles or printed matter
- More than 250 sticks of cigarettes or more than 250grams of tobacco product or more than 250 grams of cigars per adult (17 years and over)
- More than 2.25 litres of spirit or more than 4.5 litres of wine or more than 4.5 litres of beer per adult (17 years and over)
- Goods for commercial purpose (such as samples or any goods intended for sale, lease, hire or exchange)
- Any professional or technical equipment
- Any other personal goods, the total value of which exceeds FJD$1,000 (Excluding personal effects that a passenger may reasonably be expected to carry in luggage)
- Currency or negotiable bearer instruments with a combined value of FJD$10,000 or more, or its equivalent in foreign currency
- Food of any kind, including cooked, uncooked, fresh, preserved, packaged and dried plants, fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, straw, bamboo, wood and handicrafts
- Animals, reptiles, aquatic organisms (fresh, frozen, dried), birds, animal products including meat, dairy products, skins, feather, bones, eggs, shells, and bee products
- Biological specimens including vaccines, culture, blood, live, dried or preserved insects or fungi, or any other kind of biological specimen including laboratory equipment
- Equipment used with animals, fish or plants including bee-keeping equipment, saddle or any other used equipment
- Soil, rock, earth, mineral sample, tools used in farms, used tents, camping gear, bicycle, golf clubs, used sporting shoes/boots and equipment
To avoid the introduction of foreign plant and animal pests and diseases, Fiji prohibits the importation of vegetable matter, seeds, or any animal product without a permit from the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forests.